OBJECTIVES OF AECED
- To advocate for each child’s right to survival, development, protection and participation.
- To advocate for ‘Right to Quality’ programmes in early childhood education and development.
- To provide equal opportunities to children from birth to eight years without discrimination of gender, caste, creed, religion, disabilities or children affected by HIV/AIDS etc.
- To promote quality early childhood education and development programmes through professional assistance and guidance.
- To promote use of developmentally and contextually appropriate curriculum and practices in all early childhood and development programmes.
- To collaborate and network with all stakeholders including government departments and other organized institutions concerned with the young child.
- To conduct research in the area of early childhood education and development and to disseminate the applications of current knowledge, theory and research to early childhood education and development personnel, programmes, policy-makers and parents.
- To evolve regulatory mechanisms for monitoring, assessment and accreditation of early childhood education and development programmes in all sectors.
- To effectively utilize new technology and media to further the objectives of the organization.
- To use innovative and diverse programmes to enhance the capacity of early childhood education and development functionaries.
- To raise funds to sustain and promote the objectives and activities of the association.
- To participate in policy formation for early childhood education and development at state and national level.